- Two executives for Chinese energy company Wanxiang secured a meeting with VP Joe Biden in the West Wing in July 2014, according to White House visitor logs
- A client of Hunter Biden’s company Seneca Global Advisors partnered with Wanxiang in 2012 on a $1.25billion natural gas plant in China
- Four days after the meeting, one of the execs emailed Hunter offering to service his $102,000 Fisker sports car and inviting the VP’s son for a visit
- Joe’s meeting with the two Wanxiang executives is one of 15 occasions he met with businessmen closely linked to his son
- Read the near-unintelligible comment response to this story from Hunter’s lawyer, Chris Clark, below
The meeting is the fifteenth to be uncovered between Joe and businessmen linked to Hunter.
Executives for Chinese energy company Wanxiang secured a meeting with the vice president in the West Wing in July 2014 with just one day’s notice, according to White House visitor logs.
A client of Hunter’s company Seneca Global Advisors partnered with Wanxiang in 2012 on a $1.25billion natural gas plant in China.
The ceremony for the signing of the deal between Hunter’s client GreatPoint Energy and Wanxiang was attended by then Chinese vice president Xi Jinping.
Wanxiang is a major Chinese company, and also partnered with the North Korean state for a giant copper mine.
Two Chinese businessmen with ties to Hunter Biden’s company met with Joe Biden at the White House in 2014 while he was vice president. Four days later they emailed Hunter with an invite and offering to fix his car. Joe’s meeting with the two Wanxiang executives is one of 15 occasions he met with businessmen closely linked to his son
Through his firm Rosemont Seneca Partners, Hunter also invested in a car company, Fisker, that was later bought by Wanxiang. After the company went bankrupt in 2013, Hunter was listed as a creditor on its filings.
He bought one of its electric sports cars for $142,300.
According to the White House visitor logs, Wanxiang America president Pin Ni met with Joe on July 25, 2014.
Four days later, Ni emailed Hunter offering help servicing his Fisker sports car.
‘Last Friday when we visited DC, I heard that your Fisker is out of order and could not get serviced. Sorry,’ Ni wrote.
‘It would be our honor to get your Fisker fixed… I would like to give you a call to see what we could do as next step.
‘It would be our great honor to welcome you to visit Fisker or Wanxiang at any time.’
Joining Ni for the White House visit was Wanxiang Resources Co. president Youhong Han. Records show his meeting was at 11am and he left at 12.15pm, after scheduling the meeting with VP just the previous day.
Han, 57, appears in the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists’ offshore leaks database, with a British Virgin Islands company called Elegant Sky Investments Limited that has a registered address in Shanghai.
Emails between Hunter and his business partners show them monitoring reporting around the $1.25billion Wanxiang-GreatPoint deal.
Wanxiang bought Fisker in February 2014. The luxury hybrid cars it makes were bought by celebrities including Leonardo DiCaprio and Justin Bieber.
Ni emailed Hunter offering help servicing his Fisker sports car. ‘Last Friday when we visited DC, I heard that your Fisker is out of order and could not get serviced. Sorry,’ Ni wrote. ‘It would be our honor to get serviced. Sorry,’ Ni wrote
A client of Hunter’s company Seneca Global Advisors partnered with Wanxiang in 2012 on a $1.25billion natural gas plant in China. Emails between Hunter and his business partners show them monitoring reporting around the $1.25billion Wanxiang-GreatPoint deal
Joe’s meeting with the two Wanxiang executives is one of 15 occasions he met with businessmen closely linked to his son.
Despite this and other damning evidence revealed by DailyMail.com about the president’s relationship with Hunter’s business partners, Joe and his spokespeople still claim that he never discussed his son’s overseas business dealings with Hunter.
Joe’s meetings with the other 14 of Hunter’s business associates, previously detailed by DailyMail.com, include:
- Entertaining Hunter’s Mexican billionaire business partners Carlos Slim, Miguel Aleman Velasco and Miguel Aleman Magnani at the Vice President’s official residence in 2014
- Meeting with Hunter’s tech startup business partner and big Democrat donor Jeff Cooper at the White House
- Joining a dinner at a Washington DC restaurant with Hunter’s associates former Kazakhstan Prime Minister Karim Massimov and Kazakh oligarch Kenes Rakishev; and Vadym Pozharskyi, an executive at allegedly corrupt Ukrainian gas company Burisma
- Meeting Hunter’s Chinese business partner Jonathan Li on a trip to China in 2013
- Meeting Tony Bobulinski, a partner in Hunter’s controversial deal with a Chinese oil giant, in Los Angeles in 2017, according to Bobulinski’s texts
- Meeting Hunter’s best friend, business partner and now convicted fraudster Devon Archer at the White House just days before Archer and Hunter were appointed to the Burisma board in 2014
- Dozens of meetings with Hunter’s consultancy partner Eric Schwerin, who also handled Joe’s taxes and visited the White House 27 times during Joe’s tenure as vice president
- White House meetings with Francis Person, a former Biden aide who later pitched Hunter on business in China
- Manuel Estrella, who partnered with Hunter on Latin American startups, met Joe in June 2014
- Hunter’s former Rosemont Seneca partner and stepson of former senator John Kerry, Chris Heinz, met Joe in the West Wing in April 2011
Wanxiang is a major Chinese company, and also partnered with the North Korean state for a giant copper mine
Hunter bought his Fisker Karma sports car in 2012 for $102,000 and held it through his company, Owasco PC, according to an asset report on the firm obtained by DailyMail.com.
In 2014 Hunter also bought a Porsche Panamera from a New Jersey dealership using $142,300 sent to his company by Kazakhstani banking oligarch Kenes Rakishev.
The payment was highlighted in a Senate homeland security committee report on the First Son’s business dealings in 2020.
Rakishev and former Kazakh prime minister Karim Massimov are two of Hunter’s 15 associates who met with the president.
The two men posed for a photo with Hunter and Joe at Washington DC restaurant Café Milano, a dinner which Joe at first denied attending before the photo emerged. Rakishev was discussing potential business plans with Hunter around that time.
The Wall Street Journal reported in March that Rakishev’s payment is part of the federal investigation into alleged tax crimes and illegal foreign lobbying by the First Son, and that witnesses were questioned by the grand jury over the money transfer.