- PC Adnan Arib, 45, obtained the mobile phone numbers of both girls, 15 and 16
- He asked them whether they had boyfriends before inviting them out for drinks
- The younger of the victims said she felt Arib’s ‘intentions were of a sexual nature’
- The 16-year-old said she felt ‘uncomfortable’ when Arib called her ‘very pretty’
- A jury found him guilty of two counts of misconduct in a public office after trial
- He was jailed for two years by Judge Deborah Taylor at Southwark Crown Court
A married Metropolitan Police officer who used his position to try to start a sexual relationship with two ‘vulnerable’ teenagers has been jailed for two years.
Married PC Adnan Arib, 45, ‘used his position as a police officer’ to obtain the mobile phone numbers of both girls, aged 15 and 16, before asking whether they had boyfriends and inviting them out for drinks.