- Conservative commentator Candace Owens posted a picture of an email to Kanye West saying he would no longer be able to bank Yeezy with Chase
- West has been under media and corporate scrutiny lately as he was kicked off a number of social media platforms following bizarre and indefensible rants
- Also on Wednesday, Ye, Candace, Ray J and others gathered in Nashville to celebrate the premiere of Owens’ new anti-BLM documentary
- In recent days, West has targeted specific individuals, as well as companies, and ethnic groups through a series of statements made across media platforms
- Some have warned about the recent trend of corporate cancelation being used to sideline the ability of some individuals to participate in the modern economy
Kanye West and Ray J had an unlikely reunion Wednesday night at the Nashville premiere of Candace Owens‘ new documentary The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM.
At the event, West posed on the red carpet with his ex-wife’s sex-tape partner rapper Ray-J, as well as Kid Rock.
Ray J’s appearance comes days after he concerned his fans when he posted a series of since deleted troubling posts that alluded to suicidal thoughts.
Hours earlier, Owens tweeted a letter sent to Kanye by JP Morgan Chase telling him to take his business elsewhere.
The bank has not commented on the letter, nor confirmed its reasons for ending their relationship. Kanye – who remains banned from social media – said at the event that it was time to talk about being ‘canceled by a bank’.
He also insisted that his inflammatory promise to go ‘death con 3 on JEWISH PEOPLE’ wasn’t anti-Semitic, and said he was just ‘calling out bad business’.
Also in attendance at the premiere was country music icon Jason Aldean and his wife Brittany Aldean, who recently found herself as the middle of a controversy concerning comments she made about trans children.
As he left the premiere, West reportedly addressed his recent online ramblings that appeared to target the Jewish community.
He told Page Six: ‘If you call somebody out for bad business, that means you’re being anti-Semitic.
‘I feel happy to have crossed the line of that idea so we can speak openly about things like getting canceled by a bank.’
West was also spotted at the premiere consorting with Project Veritas founder and guerilla journalist James O’Keefe.
The movie is Owens’ revealing investigation into the Black Lives Matter organization and how it has allocated the tens of millions of dollars amassed in recent years in the name of right racial injustice across the country.
The reunion took place just hours after Owens shared a screenshot of an email sent to Kanye West by JP Morgan Chase that tells the music and fashion mogul he will have to find a different establishment at which to bank the Yeezy Empire.
The purported note from Chase Bank reads, ‘We are sending this letter to confirm our recent discussion with (name block) that JPMorgan Chase Bank…has decided to end its banking relationship with Yeezy, LLC and its affiliated entities.’
The note does not provide a reason for the termination of the customer agreement and says West and his colleagues have until November 21 of this year to transfer accounts elsewhere.